Guardiola has not changed Bayern

Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben has played down the impact coach Pep Guardiola has had at the Allianz Arena by claiming he has not changed much at the club.

The former Barcelona boss took the reins from treble-winning coach Jupp Heynckes at the Bavarians in the summer, guiding them to the summit of both the Bundesliga and Champions League Group D tables so far.

And, despite admitting that Guardiola has changed a "little bit" from his predecessor, Robben says that the Spaniard has not deviated too far from Heynckes' blueprint for success.

The former Real Madrid winger told FAZ: "You don't have to exaggerate everything. Of course, he's changed a little bit, but he has not changed Bayern."

The 29-year-old, who has started seven of the club's 10 Bundesliga fixtures this season, was unhappy when benched by Heynckes last season but the Dutchman seems content to be denied starting berths under Guardiola.

"So far, we have had many injuries, so it's good to have started to strong," Robben said.

"But of course that will happen when everyone is so fit. I don't think it's that bad. Staying on the bench isn't a problem."

Robben, who turns 30 in January, went on to fire an ominous warning to Bundesliga defenders, claiming they should not expect him to be any less of a menace despite his advancing years.

He added: "I don't have the feeling that I have to change my game because I won't be as quick. 

"I still have the feeling that I have two or three top years ahead of me. Especially with this team"