I prefer Cristiano Ronaldo over Ibrahimovic

Netherlands icon Johan Cruyff would prefer it if Cristiano Ronaldo were to qualify for the 2014 World Cup rather than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Barcelona icon has stressed that it's a shame that either the Real Madrid star or the Paris Saint-Germain striker will miss next year's tournament, but he would rather see Portugal qualify than Sweden if he had to make a choice between both countries.

"It is a huge blow for the World Cup that one of these two players won't make it. It's a sad situation," Cruyff told Algemeen Dagblad.

"I don't really have a preference between the two of them, but if I had to make a choice I would rather see Ronaldo qualify. That's a bit of a political decision, though, as I live in Spain.

"They're different types of players. I have criticised both of them in the past because I think they should behave like role models. Kids adore them. 

"But it's a shame for the footballing world that one of them won't be there if you look at how they play and at the goals Ibrahimovic has scored in recent weeks."